Your use of this website is subject to your irrevocable acceptance without modification of these General Rules of Velmundi Group and you agree to use this website in accordance with and subject to these Rules. The Rules of Velmundi Group as set out hereunder constitute the entire agreement between you and Velmundi. If you do not accept these Rules, do not use this website. By accessing any part of the Velmundi.com website, you consent to be bound by these Rules. Those Rules are valid for all charter bookings made through website Velmundi.com and all its subdomains.
To see our full Terms & Conditions read below (GENERAL RULES OF VELMUNDI GROUP). However, here is a summary of the key points to make easier reading.
- We act as a booking agent on behalf of our Charter Operator(s). We do not operate any of the services ourselves. For all bookings your contract will be with the Charter Operator(s) concerned. The Charter Operators General Conditions which you have to read and accept before booking will apply to your contract.
- Upon confirming a reservation, you agree to pay a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit booking. The booking is valid only when whole payment will be paid to Velmundi.
- Any cancellations must be made directly with Velmundi in accordance with the cancellation policy detailed in the terms and conditions of Charter Operator and is advised to be read during before booking.
- Deposits are non refundable & non transferrable in the event of you canceling or amending a booking.
- Liability of the Velmundi is only to act as an agent: that is to gather the deposits from the client, book the yacht on basis of the client choices and prepare the Boarding-Pass as the final document allowing the customer to charter the yacht
- Webiste Velmundi.com belongs to the company Velmundi Group with its all subdomains and subpages. Please read all those rules carefully as for they concern all bookings made with Velmundi.com
- Each reservation becomes valid, when the client gets the e-mail from TheYachtGuru.com confirming the reservation (with official PDF document)
GENERAL RULES OF VELMUNDI GROUP
The following Conditions together with the General Charter Conditions of Charter Operators contained on our website form the basis of your relationship with Velmundi. Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. These Booking Conditions apply to all bookings that you make with us as set out in more detail herein.
Yachtguru – Website under this Internet address with All its subdomains, such as yachtguru.net, yachtguru.de, yachtguru.pl and all its subpages
Velmundi Group – the owner of Yachtguru website, acting as an agent when you make bookings with Yachtguru domains, Also called as “Yachtguru”, “we”. Full company name is: Velmundi Group Jakub Karakulski.
Yacht charter – service of bareboat charter for specified time and from specified marina. Bareboat charter means no crew unless it is clearly stated as included in charter offer
Charter Operator – the company managing the whole fleet of yachts, which offers are published on the Website Yachtguru. Velmundi Group makes contracts on behalf of Charter Operator
Client – user of Velmundi.com website and person that makes booking through Velmundi.com. Legal relationship between Client and Charter Operators comes into life when Clients confirms the reservation through YachtGuru Website. Client is called also “the Charterer”, “Customer” or “User”
General Charter Conditions – Conditions stated by the Charter Operator under which the yacht can be taken. They are presented at the last step before confirming the reservation and they are specific for each single Charter Operator.
We act as agent only in respect of all bookings we take or make on your behalf. We accept no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any charter or any other service that you book or for the acts or omissions of any charter or other service provider or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with the charter or other service (‘Charter Operators’). For all bookings your contract will be with the Charter Operator of the charter or other service concerned. The Charter Operators’ booking conditions will apply to your contract as well as any terms and conditions of any other booking intermediary. These terms and conditions may limit and/or exclude the Charter Operators liability to you. In making a booking, you are deemed to agree to all these conditions. Copies of these terms and conditions are available from us on request. You may decide to make one or more bookings with us at the same time. The price charged in total for more than one booking will always equal the prices charged separately for each individual booking. All arrangements are available to be purchased separately at the same price as they are when more than one booking is made. This means that any multiple bookings do not constitute a package as defined in the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 nor the Civil Aviation (Air Travel Organisers’ Licensing) Regulations 1995, Amended References to "you" and "your" in these Booking Conditions mean all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date).
We endeavor to check the accuracy of information published on this website with the Charter Operator(s) concerned. You should note however that we do not warrant that such information will be error free and in using this website you acknowledge that the information provided may include inaccuracies and / or typographical errors. If the errors are not crucial (except for period of charter, price, yachts availability, number of berths and cabins, age of the yacht), they cannot be the statement for cancelling the contract. We act as a booking engine and intermediary for the Charter Operator(s) concerned. We are not a party to the agreement between you and the Charter Operator(s) and have no responsibility or liability to you in respect of the terms of that contract. We recommend that you ensure that the Charter Operator(s) terms and conditions are to your satisfaction prior to booking because Velmundi does not warrant their contents.
While we make every reasonable effort to ensure that the charter or other service listed is of an acceptable standard, the listing of any charter premises or other service on this site is not and should not be taken to be a recommendation from Velmundi.com, or a representation that the premises or other service will be suitable for the users purpose or the Charter Operator will announce bankruptcy or the Charter Operator was dishonest. We shall not be liable to you in the event that the charter or other service is not suitable for your purpose.
We endeavour to ensure that all the information and prices on our website are accurate, however occasionally changes and errors occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances. The final price is the one presented on Velmundi.com unless the difference in price between Velmundi.com and this one from Charter Operator is more than 20% and obviously is a consequence of an error (error in application, human mistake). In such a situation we reserve the right to change the price within 4 days from booking confirmation, but the Client has right to cancel the reservation and get back the paid money (without additional fees, compensations) or he may accept it with the new price. Prices never include the skipper’s service, unless it is written, that it is.
Booking Confirmation procedure
- After choosing the vessel you want to book, you will see the reservation screen. Please read carefully: all the charter details, General Charter Conditions of the Charter Operator, General Rules Of Velmundi Group as for they are integral part of the contract. In order to make a booking you need to accept those 2 documents and click “Confirm Booking”.
- Once we have received your booking we will, subject to availability, confirm your arrangements on behalf of the Charter Operator(s) concerned by issuing within 24 hours a confirmation email with official PDF document, where you will find details of your charter and payments. In very rare situations, when Charter Operator cannot accept the booking, Client will get within 24 hours an e-mail with information about actual situation of the charter. As for we get as an agent we are not liable for mistakes in yacht description and general charter conditions except for those that appeared due to our mistake.
- Client is obliged to inform Velmundi Group about all mistakes found in the Booking Confirmation in 4 days after receiving it. Subject to this, we regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in any document within 4 days of our sending it out.
- In 4 days after receiving Booking Confirmation you should make a payment that is 50% of charter price, if the booking has been done more than 40 days before embarkation or 100% of charter price, if the reservation has been done less than 40 days before embarkation.
- Reservation will be finally confirmed when in 4 days we get the payment or get the payment confirmation sent to email: email@example.com. Status of your booking will be changed to “confirmed”, about which we inform you by email with PDF document
- With this document you will get the notification about next payments, which is always built the same way: last payment is to be paid 1 month before embarkation
- After last payment the Client gets the Boarding-Pass which allows him to embark the yacht.
- Crew list and scan of skipper’s certificates should be send by email to Velmundi Group the latest 2 weeks before embarkation. Velmundi Group does not check those documents, only sends them to the Charter Operator. It is Client who is responsible for having the proper documents
Upon making a booking and getting the Booking Confirmation in PDF document, you agree to pay:
- 50% of charter price within 4 days after reservation. If you do not make a payment within 4 days or inform us by e-mail about your withdrawal from the charter we will treat your option as cancelled. Cancellation of the option at this stage of reservation process does not result in any consequences for the client and contract is treated as not settled.
- 50% of the charter price 30 days before reservation.
If you do not make full payment on time, Yachtguru will treat your booking as cancelled by you and impose cancellation charge (please see the Charter Operator’s terms for full details).
The terms of payments mentioned above are valid also when the General Charter Conditions of Charter Operator say it differently
Charter cancellation must be done in written form to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of charter cancellation by Client, Client can point the person that will agree to take over the contract with all its right and obligations. In case the Charterer will not find a substitute client, the Velmundi Group keeps:
50% of charter price when the reservation has been cancelled more than 30 days before embarkation
100% of charter price when the reservation has been cancelled 30 days or less before embarkation
The above cancellation rules are valid also when it is stated differently in General Charter Conditions. In case the Charter Operator cancels the charter, the cancellation procedure and rules will be respected as it is written in General Charter Conditions of the Charter Operator. The correspondence between Charter Operator and Client will be conducted by Velmundi Group.
Changes from the side of Charter Operator
We will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if the Charter Operator needs to make a significant change to the confirmed arrangements or to cancel them. His right to make those changes is set by the General Charter Conditions. We will also liaise between you and the Charter Operator in relation to any alternative arrangements offered by the Charter Operator but we will have no further liability to you.
In rare emergencies Velmundi / the Charter Operator may withdraw within 4 days of conclusion of the charter party. In such a case the charter company undertakes to repay to the charterer without delay any monies already paid. No further compensation is possible.
If you have any special requests please contact Velmundi Group concerned and advise them at the time of booking. Neither we nor the Charter Operator(s) concerned can guarantee that they will be met. Further, if the Charter Operator(s) is unable to meet any such requests, neither we, nor they, will have any liability to you in this respect. If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your booking, please advise Velmundi concerned before we confirm your booking so that they can advise as to the suitability of the chosen arrangements.
Circumstances beyond our control
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations to you is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of "force majeure" (i.e. charter cancellation, yacht’s change, delays). In these Booking Conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the Charter Operator in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
Credit / Debit card transactions
(service not possible yet)
You are strongly recommended to take out personal travel insurance for all members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is adequate and appropriate for your particular needs. Please read your policy details on receipt and take them with you on holiday.
Passports and visas
You are recommended to check the up to date position on visa, passport and health requirements, with the Charter Operator(s) concerned, Passport Office, appropriate embassy or consulate or your doctor as applicable in good time before departure.
If you have any complaints concerning any services we provide, you must inform us straight away in writing and in any event within 28 days of the end of any arrangements booked through us. We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not so notified. Our maximum liability to you if we are found to have been at fault in relation to any service we provide (as opposed to any service provided by any charter owner for whom we are not responsible) is limited to the 20% of the deposit you pay to us in relation to the booking in question.
In case of disagreement or dispute, the attempt will be made to settle it peacefully by an agreement. If it cannot be resolved in the above manner, it will be subject of jurisdiction of the Court in Warsaw, if the dispute will be connected with Velmundi Group service. If the dispute will concern the charter service, it will be subjected of jurisdiction mentioned in General Charter Conditions from Charter Operator. If it is not mentioned there jurisdiction shall be explicity assigned to the city of the Charter Operator’s headquarter.